healing by second intention
noun Surgery, Medicine/Medical.
- healing by first intention,
- healing by third intention,
- health camp,
- health card
- purpose or attitude toward the effect of one's actions or conduct: a bungler with good intentions.
- purpose or attitude with respect to marriage: Our friends are beginning to ask what our intentions are.
- Also called first intention, primary intention.reference by signs, concepts, etc., to concrete things, their properties, classes, or the relationships among them.
- Also called second intention, secondary intention.reference to properties, classes, or the relationships among first intentions.
Origin of intention
mid-14c., from Old French entencion "stretching, intensity, will, thought" (12c.), from Latin intentionem (nominative intentio) "a stretching out, straining, exertion, effort; attention," noun of action from intendere "to turn one's attention," literally "to stretch out" (see intend).