- arresting hemorrhage, as a drug; styptic.
- pertaining to stagnation of the blood.
- a hemostatic agent or substance.
Origin of hemostatic
Examples from the Web for hemostatic
Historical Examples of hemostatic
The surgeon, who had provided himself with hemostatic preparations, hastened to arrest the hemorrhage.The Man With The Broken Ear
Object: To test the claims of thromboplastic and hemostatic activities.
Trade name of a principle obtained from the suprarenal glands which has astringent and hemostatic properties.Surgery, with Special Reference to Podiatry
Helonias, or false unicorn (Chamaelirium luteum), is asserted to be a hemostatic and uterine tonic.
The claims of hemostatic efficiency and harmlessness for Coagulen by the manufacturer appear exaggerated and unjustified.
- Arresting the flow of blood within the vessels.
- Arresting hemorrhage.
- A hemostatic device or agent.