- a hundred-dollar bill.
- the sum of one hundred dollars.
- (in a mixed number) the position of the third digit to the left of the decimal point.
- (in a whole number) the position of the third digit from the right.
Idioms about hundred
Origin of hundred
Words nearby hundred
How to use hundred in a sentence
A hundred ultra-wealthy liberal and conservative donors have taken over the political system.
A running joke inside the tribe is that the group is like that club with a hundred people waiting outside to get in.‘We Out Here’: Inside the New Black Travel Movement|Charlise Ferguson|January 4, 2015|DAILY BEAST
And of course, Rod, being Rod, goes for it a hundred percent; his mouth drops open and he says, ‘What?’The Story Behind Lee Marvin’s Liberty Valance Smile|Robert Ward|January 3, 2015|DAILY BEAST
He carried around a hundred pounds too many most of his life, a great buffer of flesh between himself and the world.Alfred Hitchcock’s Fade to Black: The Great Director’s Final Days|David Freeman|December 13, 2014|DAILY BEAST
His photography has won more than a hundred awards, including the prestigious Alfred Eisenstaedt Award for Magazine Photography.
The country is well inhabited, for it contains fifty-one cities, near a hundred walled towns, and a great number of villages.
It contains above eighty thousand houses, and about six hundred thousand inhabitants.
So much were they surprised at our undauntedness, that they retired about a hundred roods from us.
And I finished all with a brief historical account of affairs and events in England for about a hundred years past.
The enemy were pursued and annoyed by a few hundred of the citizens under Wooster and Arnold; the former was killed.The Every Day Book of History and Chronology|Joel Munsell
British Dictionary definitions for hundred
- the numbers 100 to 109the temperature was in the hundreds
- the numbers 100 to 199his score went into the hundreds
- the numbers 100 to 999the price was in the hundreds
- amounting to or approximately a hundreda hundred reasons for that
- (as pronoun)the hundred I chose
Other words from hundredRelated prefix: hecto-
Word Origin for hundred
Other Idioms and Phrases with hundred
see by the dozen (hundred).