- the cultivation and production of edible crops or of animals for food; agriculture; farming.
- the science of raising crops or food animals.
- careful or thrifty management; frugality, thrift, or conservation.
- the management of domestic affairs or of resources generally.
Origin of husbandry
Related Words for husbandryconservation, agriculture, tillage, management, administration, housekeeping, managership, frugality, providence, thriftiness, economy, budgeting
Examples from the Web for husbandry
Contemporary Examples of husbandry
They are experienced with the grim side of husbandry, but they are not inured to it.‘Luck’ Runs Out: If Horses Die While Cameras Roll, You Must Quit
March 16, 2012
Maybe some of my kind have taken on similar 'husbandry' projects.
"Husbandry," I began, and her still mending eyebrows crinkled in wonder.
Historical Examples of husbandry
Now, just guess what came into the head of one of our husbandry?A Comedy of Marriage and Other Tales
Guy De Maupassant
Another reference to this process is made in October's Husbandry, vol.The Enclosures in England
Now, are not the best husbandmen those who are most devoted to husbandry?The Republic
At what point shall I begin then, Socrates, to revive your recollection of the art of husbandry?
But may I ask, is the planting of trees a department in the art of husbandry?
- farming, esp when regarded as a science, skill, or art
- management of affairs and resources
- The application of scientific principles to agriculture, especially to animal breeding.