[hahy-puh-pley-zhuh, -zhee-uh, -zee-uh]
- Pathology. abnormal deficiency of cells or structural elements.
- (in plants) inability to mature properly owing to a disease or inadequate supply of nutrients.
Also hy·po·plas·ty [hahy-puh-plas-tee] /ˈhaɪ pəˌplæs ti/.
Origin of hypoplasia
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- pathol incomplete development of an organ or part
- Incomplete or arrested development of an organ or part.
- Atrophy due to destruction of some of the elements of a tissue or organ.