- Also im·per·fo·rat·ed. not perforate; having no perforation.
- Philately. (of a number of stamps joined together) lacking the perforations usually separating individual stamps.
- an imperforate stamp.
Origin of imperforate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for imperforated
This is clearly not the imperforated zizyphinus of the 'Systema.'
Its upright sides are imperforated, but top and bottom the usual perforation marks are present.Peeps at Postage Stamps
Stanley Currie Johnson
- not perforated
- (of a postage stamp) not provided with perforation or any other means of separationAbbreviation: imperf Compare perforate
- anatomy (of a bodily part, such as the anus) without the normal opening
Word Origin and History for imperforated
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Lacking a normal opening.