- Also im·per·fo·rat·ed. not perforate; having no perforation.
- Philately. (of a number of stamps joined together) lacking the perforations usually separating individual stamps.
- an imperforate stamp.
Origin of imperforate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- not perforated
- (of a postage stamp) not provided with perforation or any other means of separationAbbreviation: imperf Compare perforate
- anatomy (of a bodily part, such as the anus) without the normal opening
Word Origin and History for imperforation
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The condition of being abnormally occluded or closed.
- Lacking a normal opening.