- characterized by lack of proper sequence in thought, speech, or action.
- characterized by lack of logical sequence; illogical; inconsecutive: inconsequent reasoning.
- irrelevant: an inconsequent remark.
- not following from the premises: an inconsequent deduction.
- not in keeping with the general character or design; inconsistent: inconsequent ornamentation.
- without worth or consequence; trivial: a frivolous, inconsequent young man.
Origin of inconsequent
Related Words for inconsequentcasual, inconsequential, inconsiderable, insignificant, light, minor, minute, negligible, paltry, petty, small, trifling, trivial, unimportant, shoestring
Examples from the Web for inconsequent
Historical Examples of inconsequent
Inconsequent, wholly illogical, utterly indefensible explosions.The Underdog
F. Hopkinson Smith
Impetuous as he was inconsequent, M. de Kercadiou was bristling again.Scaramouche
Why should they do everything so inconsequent, so improbable, so preposterous?The Tragic Muse
His remark was so inconsequent that Lucy found nothing to say.The Explorer
W. Somerset Maugham
They were of both sexes, and upon the whole they were a silly, inconsequent set.The Message
Alec John Dawson