- without due regard for the rights or feelings of others: It was inconsiderate of him to keep us waiting.
- acting without consideration; thoughtless; heedless.
- overhasty; rash; ill-considered: slovenly, inconsiderate reasoning.
Origin of inconsiderate
Synonyms for inconsiderateSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for inconsiderateboorish, brash, careless, discourteous, hasty, impolite, incautious, indelicate, intolerant, reckless, rude, self-centered, selfish, sharp, short, tactless, thoughtless, unceremonious, uncharitable, ungracious
Examples from the Web for inconsiderate
Contemporary Examples of inconsiderate
Her female commander said it was inconsiderate to do because religious male soldiers could have seen it.Motivations, Not Materiel
November 12, 2012
Historical Examples of inconsiderate
Sometimes it is conferred by an unfriendly and inconsiderate hand.The Devil's Dictionary
The proposition will stand, whatever may happen to the inconsiderate head.Life: Its True Genesis
R. W. Wright
Often it is impossible to tell what inconsiderate trifle puts her off her stride.The Mirror of the Sea
This worthless life is too valuable for inconsiderate squandering.Oswald Langdon
Carson Jay Lee
We, O Clearchus, are not so foolish or so inconsiderate; 22.
- lacking in care or thought for others; heedless; thoughtless
- rare insufficiently considered