- so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed.
- not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book is incredible.
Origin of incredible
SynonymsSee more synonyms for incredible on Thesaurus.com
2. farfetched, astonishing, preposterous.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for incredibleness
The shock, the incredibleness, the consequences; we must not scan too closely.The Return
Walter de la Mare
- beyond belief or understanding; unbelievable
- informal marvellous; amazing
Word Origin and History for incredibleness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper