Words nearby indicator
Examples from the Web for indicator
But those few protestors were an indicator of how much has changed since the Cuban Revolution of 1959.Aging Cuban Exiles And Their Lawmakers Bypassed by White House|Romina Ruiz-Goiriena|December 17, 2014|DAILY BEAST
And if the reaction from community leaders around the country is any indicator, others are proud as well.Eric Holder Exit Interview: Why He’ll Always Be an African American Icon|Joshua DuBois|September 26, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The election result will also be an indicator of whether Erdogan will stand in presidential elections on August 10.
In fact, Fitzpatrick wore no tie at all, one indicator that he long ago left the reservation.Whitey Bulger’s Defense to Reveal Widespread FBI Complicity|T.J. English|July 30, 2013|DAILY BEAST
The Daily Dot suggests the app is an indicator that society has forgotten how to communicate verbally.Bang With Friends: Facebook Sex App Creators Talk Controversial Product|Anna Klassen|January 29, 2013|DAILY BEAST
A current indicator is inserted in the circuit consisting of a solenoid of nine turns.
It did not seem as if he was moving, but the indicator now showed more than seven thousand feet.
Moreover, some sort of indicator would be required by which we could make sure that the exciting current has the normal strength.
But he didnt get the big salary that the men with the indicator get today.Baseball Joe on the Giants|Lester Chadwick
One bell will serve for all the rooms of a house, an “indicator” being provided to show from which it has been rung.
British Dictionary definitions for indicator
- a device that records or registers something, such as the movements of a lift, or that shows information, such as arrival and departure times of trains
- (as modifier)indicator light
- a substance used in titrations to indicate the completion of a chemical reaction, usually by a change of colour
- a substance, such as litmus, that indicates the presence of an acid or alkali
- a plant or animal species that thrives only under particular environmental conditions and therefore indicates these conditions where it is found
- a species of plant or animal whose well-being confirms the well-being of other species in the area