- a member of the ethnic group consisting of the natives of Indonesia, the Filipinos, and the Malays of Malaysia.
- a member of a population supposed to have been resident in the Malay Archipelago before the Malays, and believed to constitute one element of the present mixed population of Malaysia and perhaps Polynesia.
- Official name Bahasa Indonesia. an Indonesian language that is based on the form of Malay spoken in Java and has the status of official language in the Republic of Indonesia.
- the westernmost branch of the Austronesian family of languages, including Malay, Indonesian, Tagalog, and Malagasy.
- of or relating to the Malay Archipelago.
- of or relating to Indonesia, the Indonesians, or their languages.
Origin of Indonesian
Examples from the Web for indonesian
Contemporary Examples of indonesian
Indeed, Lion Air, with 45 percent of the domestic Indonesian airline market, has swallowed the Fernandes formula whole.
There is a larger reason, beyond the airlines themselves, why Lion Air and 61 other Indonesian airlines are on this black list.
Two Indonesian airlines, Garuda and Lion Air, have seen Fernandes eat their lunch and are only now responding.
AirAsia Indonesia, which operated Flight 8501, is the Indonesian subsidiary of AirAsia, which is based in Malaysia.
They castigated the captain, a 48-year-old Indonesian, and his rookie copilot, a 24-year-old Indian.Who Will Get AsiaAir 8501’s Black Boxes?
December 30, 2014
Historical Examples of indonesian
"I'd like to bet on the Indonesian to win," said Lindsay quietly.
There Lindsay was able to pull first the Indonesian, then the Irishman, up into the box.
Specimens previously were saved from Sarawak and Indonesian Borneo.Birds from North Borneo
Max C. Thompson
The anatomical data likewise prevent us from setting this tribe apart from the others, because of Japanese or Indonesian origin.The Tinguian
By morning the Swift Arrow, with the vinta in tow, was in Indonesian waters far from shipping lanes or fishing grounds.The Pirates of Shan
Harold Leland Goodwin
- of or relating to Indonesia, its people, or their language
- a native or inhabitant of Indonesia
- another name for Bahasa Indonesia