- the act of killing an infant.
- the practice of killing newborn infants.
- a person who kills an infant.
Origin of infanticide
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for infanticidal
But, fortunately, Augustus had heard portions of it, and the imperial veto overpowered the poet's infanticidal desire.Vanishing Roads and Other Essays
Richard Le Gallienne
Sentence pronounced by the judge of Savigny on Jan. 1457, condemning to death an infanticidal sow.The Criminal Prosecution and Capital Punishment of Animals
Edmund P. Evans
- the killing of an infant
- the practice of killing newborn infants, still prevalent in some primitive tribes
- a person who kills an infant
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for infanticidal
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The act of killing an infant.
- The practice of killing newborns.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.