- a person or thing that injects.
- a device for injecting feedwater into a boiler against high pressure by means of a jet of steam.
- Also called fuel injector.a mechanism consisting of a pump, valves, and nozzles for spraying fuel into the cylinders of an internal-combustion engine.
Origin of injector
Examples from the Web for injector
Historical Examples of injector
In Fig. 15 we have an illustration of the principle of an injector.
A form of injector very commonly used is Giffard's (Fig. 16).
Now, what sort of a fool-sort of an injector has Eustis loaded on to this rig this time?The Day's Work, Volume 1
After steam is up the boiler should be supplied with water by a pump or injector.
What is an injector, and what is the principle of its operation?
- a person or thing that injects
- a device for spraying fuel into the combustion chamber of an internal-combustion engine
- Also: inspirator a device for forcing water into a steam boiler