verb (used with object)
to connect with one another.
verb (used without object)
to be or become connected or interrelated.
- pertaining to customer-owned equipment that is connected to or has access to the public telephone network.
- pertaining to companies that supply equipment to customers: a leading interconnect company.
compare, associate, pertain, ascribe, link, connect, affect, apply, concern, assign, refer, annex, join, coordinate, yoke, couple, conjoin, unite, credit, bracket
- intercommunication system,
- intercontinental ballistic missile
Origin of interconnect
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019
Examples from the Web for interconnect
They often coalesce and interconnect to form mazy patterns of great complexity.Mazes and Labyrinths|W. H. Matthews
The interconnect cable for an expansion module is provided with that unit.
verb (intr often foll by with)
to relate wellpeople I really interconnect with
to be meaningfully or complexly related or joinedthese three strands of thought interconnect
- a device that connects things
- (as modifier)interconnect cable
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper