- an angle formed between parallel lines by a third line that intersects them.
- an angle formed within a polygon by two adjacent sides.
Origin of interior angle
First recorded in 1750–60
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an angle of a polygon contained between two adjacent sides
- any of the four angles made by a transversal that lie inside the region between the two intersected lines
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Any of the four angles formed inside two straight lines when these lines are intersected by a third straight line.
- An angle formed by two adjacent sides of a polygon and included within the polygon. Compare exterior angle.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.