- the principle of cooperation among nations, for the promotion of their common good, sometimes as contrasted with nationalism, or devotion to the interests of a particular nation.
- international character, relations, cooperation, or control.
- (initial capital letter) the principles or methods of a communist or socialist International.
Origin of internationalism
Examples from the Web for internationalism
Historical Examples of internationalism
The freaks of nationalism are as remarkable as the freaks of internationalism.Mountain Meditations
National self-dependence or internationalism—that is everywhere the issue.Morals of Economic Internationalism
John A. Hobson
Patriotism and internationalism or cosmopolitanism are two opposites.
Internationalism demands some recognition on the part of the school.
Such an understanding of nations is, we say, the real beginning of internationalism.
- the ideal or practice of cooperation and understanding between nations
- the state or quality of being international
The view that nations should cooperate in international organizations, such as the United Nations, to settle disputes.