- (of a person) not having made a will: to die intestate.
- (of things) not disposed of by will: Her property remains intestate.
- a person who dies intestate.
Origin of intestate
Examples from the Web for intestate
Historical Examples of intestate
Administration of his goods was granted to her as the widow of an intestate in May, 1695.Poems of Henry Vaughan, Silurist, Volume II
It followed, then, that the property reverted to the heirs-at-law as of an Intestate.The History of Peru
Henry S. Beebe
If she dies in his lifetime, she can have no other intestate successor.A Short History of Women's Rights
Eugene A. Hecker
If any children of the intestate are dead, how does it descend?The Government Class Book
Andrew W. Young
Richard Malden's death, and his own relationship to the intestate had been legally proved and established.
- (of a person) not having made a will
- (of property) not disposed of by will
- a person who dies without having made a will