- perceiving directly by intuition without rational thought, as a person or the mind.
- perceived by, resulting from, or involving intuition: intuitive knowledge.
- having or possessing intuition: an intuitive person.
- capable of being perceived or known by intuition.
- easy to understand or operate without explicit instruction: an intuitive design; an intuitive interface.
Origin of intuitive
SynonymsSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Examples from the Web for intuitively
Is this the kind of knowledge that most educated, upper class French person would have intuitively?This Book Will Change the Way You Eat
December 19, 2013
Intuitively, the logic of the 2006 case makes much more sense.Formulating an Alternative to the ‘Jewish State Law’
August 23, 2013
Job lock is intuitively plausible, and there is some evidence for it, but it's far from proven.Obamacare: Job Killer or Entrepreneurial Turbocharger?
June 5, 2013
Now, I find it intuitively very hard to believe that there is actually zero effect from giving people insurance.No, Really, It's Possible That Health Insurance May Not Make Us Healthier
May 7, 2013
Students understand these intuitively, but adults often confuse them.College Organizing And The BDS Controversy
February 6, 2013
Drawing, in fact, seemed to come to me naturally and intuitively.The Confessions of a Caricaturist, Vol. 1 (of 2)
They were talking in Italian, but intuitively he translated.The Lure of the Mask
Intuitively, she felt she'd find her husband with Tessibel Skinner.The Secret of the Storm Country
Grace Miller White
Intuitively, Miss MacLauren knew, if she could, she would drink 257of it again.Emmy Lou
George Madden Martin
Intuitively and unconsciously 76 Economy is of itself a great revenue.The Girl Wanted
- resulting from intuitionan intuitive awareness
- of, characterized by, or involving intuition
Word Origin and History for intuitively
1640s, from Middle French intuitif or directly from Medieval Latin intuitivus, from intuit-, past participle stem of intueri "look at, consider" (see intuition). Related: Intuitively; intuitiveness.