- not redeemable; incapable of being bought back or paid off.
- irremediable; irreparable; hopeless.
- beyond redemption; irreclaimable.
- (of paper money) not convertible into gold or silver.
Origin of irredeemable
Related Words for irredeemablehardened, irreversible, irreplaceable, forlorn, sad, tragic, useless, desperate, impossible, helpless, pointless, abandoned, beastly, incurable, intractable, inveterate, irreparable, loser, wicked, irredeemable
Examples from the Web for irredeemable
Historical Examples of irredeemable
There was the thought he had to face, and behind him lay his own irredeemable blunder.Antony Gray,--Gardener
We are to-day flooding the country with an irredeemable currency.A Military Genius
Sarah Ellen Blackwell
As to his real opinion on an irredeemable currency there can be no doubt.Fiat Money Inflation in France
Andrew Dickson White
This arrest of our great friend is a misfortune, but not an irredeemable one.Lothair
But this irredeemable and final disaster is surely incredible.Graham of Claverhouse
- (of bonds, debentures, shares, etc) without a date of redemption of capital; incapable of being bought back directly or paid off
- (of paper money) not convertible into specie
- (of a sinner) not able to be saved or reformed
- (of a loss) not able to be recovered; irretrievable
- not able to be improved or rectified; irreparable