- Meteorology. having or showing equal barometric pressure.
- Physics, Chemistry. of or relating to isobars.
Origin of isobaric
Examples from the Web for isobaric
Historical Examples of isobaric
Study the isobaric chart of each day of the series by itself at first.
Examine the series of isobaric charts to see how the lines of pressure decrease run.
Draw lines of pressure decrease for the six isobaric charts, as you have already done on the isothermal charts.
Examine the rates of pressure decrease upon the series of isobaric charts.
Lines of pressure-decrease should be drawn on all isobaric charts studied in the class, as they are highly instructive.
- Also: isopiestic having equal atmospheric pressure
- of or relating to isobars
- Having equal weights or pressures.
- Of or relating to solutions having the same density as the diluent or medium.