- of or relating to equal direction of inclination; inclining or dipping in the same direction.
- noting or pertaining to an isoclinic line.
- Geology. noting or pertaining to a fold of strata that is of the nature of an isocline.
Also i·so·clin·ic [ahy-suh-klin-ik, ahy-soh-] /ˌaɪ səˈklɪn ɪk, ˌaɪ soʊ-/.
Origin of isoclinal
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for isoclinal
At places actually on this isoclinal the dipping needle is horizontal.
- sloping in the same direction and at the same angle
- geology (of folds) having limbs that are parallel to each other
- Also called: isocline, isoclinal line an imaginary line connecting points on the earth's surface having equal angles of dip