[ahy-soh-dahy-nam-ik or ahy-soh-dahy-nam-i-kuh l; -di-]
- pertaining to or characterized by equality of force, intensity, or the like.
- noting or pertaining to an imaginary line on the earth's surface connecting points of equal horizontal intensity of the earth's magnetic field.
Origin of isodynamic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- having equal force or strength
- of or relating to an imaginary line on the earth's surface connecting points of equal horizontal magnetic intensity
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Having equal force or strength.
- Of or relating to foods or other materials that liberate the same amount of energy on combustion.
- Connecting points of equal magnetic intensity.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.