- occurring at constant temperature.
- pertaining to an isotherm.
- Meteorology. an isotherm.
Origin of isothermal
Examples from the Web for isothermal
Historical Examples of isothermal
Has the isothermal line any relation to the number of millionaires?The Principles of Economics
Frank A. Fetter
Reference is here invited to Humboldt's thermal and isothermal lines.Everyday Objects
W. H. Davenport Adams
The isothermal solubility curves, also, have a similar form.
The other isothermal curves can be followed in a similar manner.
In this figure ak′b is an isothermal, ak″ is the curve for the binary system, and K is the ternary critical point.
- (of a process or change) taking place at constant temperature
- of or relating to an isotherm
- another word for isotherm
Word Origin and History for isothermal
- Of, relating to, or indicating equal or constant temperatures.
- Relating to or indicating equal or constant temperatures.
- Relating to a process, usually changes of pressure and volume, occurring at a constant temperature and following Boyle's Law.
- Relating to an isotherm.