- Law. a false boast or claim that causes injury to another.
- Pathology. jactation(def 2).
Origin of jactitation
Examples from the Web for jactitation
Historical Examples of jactitation
The patient becomes dull and lethargic, passing into stupor after great restlessness and jactitation.
Jactitation of marriage is cognizable in the Ecclesiastical Courts.
Great restlessness and jactitation set in with the renewal of the circulation in the extremities.
Nevertheless it was not produced at the hearing of the case for jactitation in the Consistory Court.Historic Oddities
- the act of boasting
- a false boast or claim that tends to harm another person, esp a false assertion that one is married to another, formerly actionable at law
- Also called: jactation pathol restless tossing in bed, characteristic of severe fevers and certain mental disorders
Word Origin for jactitation
- Extreme restlessness or tossing in bed, as with some forms of acute disease.