- Usually jimmies. sprinkle(def 10).
Origin of jimmie
- a short crowbar.
- a large male crab, especially of Chesapeake Bay.
- to force open (a door, window, etc.) with a jimmy: The burglar got in by jimmying the back door.
Origin of jimmy1
- an immigrant.
Origin of jimmy2
- a male given name, form of James.
Examples from the Web for jimmies
Historical Examples of jimmies
Other Muriels have thus overbalanced the light attentions of other Jimmies.Sixes and Sevens
With the words he deftly extracted Jimmies handkerchief, and thrust it at Deering.
The promise of Jimmies appreciation and powers was to him peculiarly delightful.
Jimmies, we didnt mind that; the nearer the better, thats what I said.Roy Blakeley's Silver Fox Patrol
Percy Keese Fitzhugh
Jimmies greatest achievements have been in testing and experimenting.Famous Flyers
David Goodger (email@example.com)
- the US word for jemmy
- Central Scot slang an informal term of address to a male stranger
bits of candy as ice cream topping, by 1963, American English.
1893, from jimmy (n.). Related: Jimmied; jimmying.