[yoo ng-ee-uh n]
- of or relating to Carl G. Jung or his theories, especially of archetypes and the collective unconscious.
- an advocate or follower of Jung's theories.
Origin of Jungian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for jungian
Historical Examples of jungian
They fight over property, territory and privileges in a Jungian archetypal manner.After the Rain
- of, following, or relating to C. G. Jung, his system of psychoanalysis, or to analytical psychology
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
1933, "of or pertaining to the psychoanalytic school of Dr. Carl Gustav Jung" (1875-1961); for suffix, see -ian.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to or described by Carl Gustav Jung.
- Maintaining Jung's psychological theories.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.