- having a skeleton formed of horny fibers, as certain sponges.
Origin of keratose
- any skin disease characterized by a horny growth, as a wart.
- any horny growth.
Origin of keratosis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (esp of certain sponges) having a horny skeleton
- any skin condition marked by a horny growth, such as a wart
- a horny growth
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Relating to or characterized by keratosis.
- Excessive growth of horny tissue of the skin.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.