- one of an Irish breed of small, black dairy cattle.
Origin of kerry
- a county in W Munster province, in the SW Republic of Ireland. 1815 sq. mi. (4700 sq. km). County seat: Tralee.
- a male given name, form of Kerr.
Examples from the Web for kerry
Contemporary Examples of kerry
“I truly believe there is a Santa Claus” said Rep. Kerry Bentivolio.Kerry Bentivolio: The Congressman Who Believes in Santa Claus
December 24, 2014
Obama and Kerry are pretty frustrated themselves with Netanyahu.
Ideally, Kerry would like to see the UN issue deferred until after the March Israeli elections.
Hence the recent Kerry trip to Rome to meet with Netanyahu and meetings with Europeans and Palestinians.
Sorry: Kerry Washington, Tatiana Maslany, and, most confusingly, Golden Globes host Amy Poehler.15 Enraging Golden Globe TV Snubs and Surprises: Amy Poehler, 'Mad Men' & More
December 11, 2014
Historical Examples of kerry
The mountain-man was silent so long that Kerry thought he was done.Southern Lights and Shadows
The gentleman's way's the better; early or late, Clare or Kerry, 'tis all one!
And in Kerry, where we'll be, the saints helping, before noon—which is all one with Connaught?
I thought, when I heard what you had done, that you were the man for Kerry!
In that house, in the wilds of Kerry, sheer loyalty could not be expected.
- John Forbes . born 1943, US politician; unsuccessful Democratic Party candidate in the presidential election of 2004; secretary of state from 2013
- a county of SW Republic of Ireland, in W Munster province: mostly mountainous (including the highest peaks in Ireland), with a deeply indented coast and many offshore islands. County town: Tralee. Pop: 132 527 (2002). Area: 4701 sq km (1815 sq miles)
- a small black breed of dairy cattle, originally from Kerry