- the state, office, or dignity of a king.
- rule by a king; monarchy.
- aptitude for kingly duties.
- (initial capital letter) a title used in referring to a king: Majesty (preceded by His or Your).
Origin of kingship
Related Words for kingshippercentage, power, primacy, rank, supremacy, authority, greatness, distinction, eminence, aristocracy, nobility, kingship, realm, majesty, sovereign, regency, sovereignty, queenship, regality
Examples from the Web for kingship
Historical Examples of kingship
He was obsessed by the idea of the dignity, almost the divinity—of kingship.The Historical Nights' Entertainment
King Hans lost more than money by it, for he lost the kingship of Sweden.Historical Tales, Vol. 9 (of 15)
It was a little difficult to make out how she really felt about me and my kingship.The King's Mirror
This kingship of mind over matter may be a hard law but it is the law.The Root of Evil
And on his shoulder was the cross of kingship, and that was shining too.The Red Romance Book
- the position or authority of a king
- the skill or practice of ruling as a king