- articulated with the lower lip touching the upper front teeth, as f or v, or, rarely, with the upper lip touching the lower front teeth.
- a labiodental speech sound.
Origin of labiodental
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- pronounced by bringing the bottom lip into contact or near contact with the upper teeth, as for the fricative (f) in English fat, puff
- a labiodental consonant
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Relating to the lips and teeth.
- Articulated with the lower lip and upper teeth, as the sounds (f) and (v).
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.