- pertaining to, consisting of, or resembling milk; milky.
- Anatomy. conveying or containing chyle.
- Anatomy. any of the minute lymphatic vessels that convey chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct.
Origin of lacteal
Related Words for lactealpearly, opaque, frosted, opalescent, alabaster, clouded, lacteal, lacteous, lactescent, milk-white, opaline, whitish
Examples from the Web for lacteal
Historical Examples of lacteal
They do not pass into the veins, but are taken up by the lacteal absorbents.The Action of Medicines in the System
Frederick William Headland
I took a seven-year course in the gentle art of acquiring the lacteal fluid.Fore!
Charles Emmett Van Loan
Many are its lacteal sources; and the clocks' hands point forever to milking time.Cabbages and Kings
The general public subscribes to Mudie, and has its intellectual, like its lacteal sustenance, sent round to it in carts.Obiter Dicta
By this time milking was over, and the lacteal fluid was carried to the spring-house to cool.From Farm to Fortune
Horatio Alger Jr.
- of, relating to, or resembling milk
- (of lymphatic vessels) conveying or containing chyle
- any of the lymphatic vessels conveying chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct
Word Origin for lacteal
- Of, relating to, or resembling milk.
- Of or relating to a lacteal.
- Any of numerous minute intestinal lymph-carrying vessels that convey chyle from the intestine to lymphatic circulation and thereby to the thoracic duct.chyle vessel