- belonging to the Lowlands of Scotland.
Origin of Lallan
First recorded in 1775–85; variant of lowland
- the Lowlands of Scotland.
- the inhabitants of the Scottish Lowlands.
- (used with a singular verb) the literary form of the English dialect of the Scottish Lowlands, representing a mixture of the several spoken subdialects.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a literary version of the variety of English spoken and written in the Lowlands of Scotland
- (modifier) of or relating to the Lowlands of Scotland or their dialects
Scottish variant of Lowlands