- a circuit of wire or cable connecting two ground locations.
- a telecommunications line, service, or connection that uses wire running over land or underground to connect to a network: telegraph and telephone landlines.
- Also called landline telephone, landline phone. a telephone that is connected by wire to a network.
- Citizens Band Radio Slang. a telephone.
Origin of landline
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a telecommunications wire or cable laid over land
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper