- the practice of law; the duties, functions, or skills of a lawyer.
Origin of lawyering
- a person whose profession is to represent clients in a court of law or to advise or act for clients in other legal matters.
- New Testament. an interpreter of the Mosaic Law. Luke 14:3.
- to work as a lawyer; practice law.
- to submit (a case, document, or the like) to a lawyer for examination, advice, clarification, etc.
Origin of lawyer
Examples from the Web for lawyering
Contemporary Examples of lawyering
Historical Examples of lawyering
The father made up his mind I was to be a big thing in the lawyering way.The Recipe for Diamonds
Charles John Cutcliffe Wright Hyne
She never let us bother him the least bit when there was something big happening in 102his lawyering.The Squirrel-Cage
The colonel was a trump, and the lads were trumps, so they followed suit, and no lawyering.
I wonder if he thought that we, with our brokering and our writing and our lawyering, dealt much with ideas!