- a toxic condition produced by ingestion, inhalation, or skin absorption of lead or lead compounds, resulting in various dose-related symptoms including anemia, nausea, muscle weakness, confusion, blindness, and coma.
- Also called plumbism, saturnism.this condition occurring in adults whose work involves contact with lead products.
- Slang. death or injury inflicted by a bullet or shot.
Origin of lead poisoning
Examples from the Web for lead poisoning
Historical Examples of lead poisoning
Lead-poisoning was new, to them—something they could take hold of.'The Convert
"You've been suffering from lead-poisoning," said Isaacson, slowly, and with an effort.Bella Donna
Colic arising from lead-poisoning is usually associated with sufficiently characteristic symptoms to render the diagnosis easy.
To eat with hands lead-blackened by some hours of "breaking-off" is to run considerable risk of lead-poisoning.
There are no cases of lead-poisoning, because lead is not used in the factory either in pigments or in glazes.Chats on Royal Copenhagen Porcelain
- Also called: plumbism, saturnism acute or chronic poisoning by lead or its salts, characterized by abdominal pain, vomiting, convulsions, and coma
- US slang death or injury resulting from being shot with bullets
- Acute or chronic poisoning by lead or any of its salts, with the acute form marked by gastroenteritis and encephalopathy and the chronic form characterized by anemia and damage to the gastrointestinal tract and nervous system.saturnism