- the area of the outfield to the left of center field, as viewed from home plate.
- the position of the player covering this area.
- left bank,
- left brachiocephalic vein,
- left colic flexure,
- left colic vein,
- left face,
- left fielder,
- left gastric vein,
- left gastro-omental vein,
- left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, the,
- left heart
Origin of left field
Examples from the Web for left-field
After the success of Mulholland Drive, and the left-field blockbuster, The Ring, Watts became a household name.Naomi Watts on ‘The Impossible,’ Personal Tragedy, and Playing Princess Diana|Marlow Stern|December 21, 2012|DAILY BEAST
He is naturally a left-field hitter, and likes the ball on the outside corner of the plate.
Chub started him at left-field and kept him there until he had learned to judge a ball, catch it and field it home.The Crimson Sweater|Ralph Henry Barbour
Considered simply as a fielder, the occupant of the left-field should have a good "eye" to "judge" a ball hit in the air.Base-Ball|John M. Ward
Word Origin for left-field
see out in left field.