- of, relating to, or suitable for Lent.
- suggesting Lent, as in austerity, frugality, or rigorousness; meager.
Origin of Lenten
Examples from the Web for lenten
Historical Examples of lenten
When he opened his window that day he could hear the Lenten services in the church.The Christian
After the Christmas holidays the city will be gay until the Lenten season.Patchwork
Anna Balmer Myers
After that, the popular interest in the Lenten sermons had flagged a little.Romola
A train is always admissible for the Lenten robe—that is, if it is for house wear.Social Life
Maud C. Cooke
The Lenten service in the church at the end of the road was but poorly attended.The Beth Book
- (often capital) of or relating to Lent
- archaic, or literary spare, plain, or meagrelenten fare
- archaic cold, austere, or sombrea lenten lover