- full or suggestive of life or vital energy; active, vigorous, or brisk: a lively discussion.
- animated, spirited, vivacious, or sprightly: a lively tune; a lively wit.
- eventful, stirring, or exciting: The opposition gave us a lively time.
- bustling with activity; astir: The marketplace was lively with vendors.
- strong, keen, or distinct; vivid: a lively recollection.
- striking, telling, or effective, as an expression or instance.
- vivid or bright, as color or light: a lively pink.
- sparkling, as wines.
- fresh or invigorating, as air: a lively breeze.
- rebounding quickly; springing back; resilient: a lively tennis ball.
- riding the sea buoyantly, as a ship.
- with briskness, vigor, or animation; briskly: to step lively.
Origin of lively
Synonyms for lively
Antonyms for lively
Related Words for liveliestenjoyable, vigorous, provocative, cheerful, festive, frisky, buoyant, peppy, spirited, nimble, bright, entertaining, animated, stimulating, refreshing, bustling, agile, alert, animate, astir
Examples from the Web for liveliest
Contemporary Examples of liveliest
Here, she talks about what inspired her to start the liveliest protest since the Boston Tea Party.
WATCH VIDEO of the liveliest protest since the Boston Tea Party.
Not entirely, though I have always followed Arianna's career with the liveliest interest.Q and A with Tina Brown
The Daily Beast
October 5, 2008
Historical Examples of liveliest
He was looking at her quizzically, but with the liveliest appreciation.Alice Adams
For the next few minutes it struck me as the liveliest I had ever seen.The Stark Munro Letters
J. Stark Munro
They were simplest, their little tongues were liveliest, and they were most full of joy and wonder.The Scapegoat
Then it turned into the liveliest moving picture that ever I see.Cape Cod Stories
Joseph C. Lincoln
His remarks leave no doubt that he takes the liveliest interest in your work.Erdgeist (Earth-Spirit)
- full of life or vigour
- vivacious or animated, esp when in company
- busy; eventful
- characterized by mental or emotional intensity; vivid
- having a striking effect on the mind or senses
- refreshinga lively breeze
- springy or bouncy or encouraging springinessa lively ball
- (of a boat or ship) readily responsive to the helm
- in a brisk mannerstep lively
- look lively (interjection) make haste