- a county in N Northern Ireland. 804 sq. mi. (2082 sq. km).
- its county seat: a seaport.
- a town in SE New Hampshire.
Examples from the Web for londonderry
Historical Examples of londonderry
His parents were both natives of Londonderry, New Hampshire.Cleveland Past and Present
Arrived in Londonderry he had scarcely any strength to stand.
Greencastle village was a small summer resort for the people of Londonderry.The Chronicles of a Gay Gordon
Jos Maria Gordon
The Irish army were then at Strabane, on their retreat from Londonderry.
Londonderry, after an heroic contest, was at length relieved.
- a historical county of NW Northern Ireland, on the Atlantic: in 1973 replaced for administrative purposes by the districts of Coleraine, Derry, Limavady, and Magherafelt. Area: 2108 sq km (814 sq miles)
- a port in N Northern Ireland, second city of Northern Ireland: given to the City of London in 1613 to be colonized by Londoners; besieged by James II's forces (1688–89). Pop: 83 699 (2001)