- a person or thing that looks like or closely resembles another; double.
- a compatible: The leading brand of computer was expensive so they bought cheap look-alikes.
- a pill or capsule that contains nonprescription stimulants, as caffeine and ephedrine, but is made to appear like one containing illegal or prescription stimulants, as amphetamine or biphetamine.
- being or characteristic of a look-alike.
Origin of look-alike
Related Words for lookalikeidentical, comparable, corresponding, equivalent, proportionate, balanced, commensurate, interchangeable, exact, indistinguishable, photograph, effigy, image, depiction, replica, facsimile, reproduction, portrait, impersonator, double
Examples from the Web for lookalike
Contemporary Examples of lookalike
The last of the cigars was handed out and the Che lookalike was paid and went back in search of other tourists.The Life and Hard Times Of The Family A Cuban Defector Left Behind
December 19, 2014
They spot a handsome Clark Kent lookalike at a garden party.Is Bravo’s Jewish Princesses Long Island the Most Offensive TV Show Ever?
July 22, 2013
What happens when a Ryan Gosling lookalike strolls the streets of the Motor City?Michelle Obama, Ryan Gosling, ‘Game of Thrones’ & More Viral Videos
The Daily Beast Video
June 8, 2013
A former Survivor contestant lip synchs in the video, which also has cameos from Darth Vader and a Lucas lookalike.12 Gotye Cover Wins & Fails (WATCH VIDEO)
August 14, 2012
His wife, a Barbie lookalike named Beth, received the same adoration.Howard Stern Is the Real Star of ‘America’s Got Talent,’ Even Though He’s Just a Judge
April 13, 2012
- a person, esp a celebrity, or thing that is the double of another
- (as modifier)a lookalike Minister; a lookalike newspaper