- German Ludwig II. the German, a.d. 804?–876, king of Germany 843–876 (son of Louis I).
- a.d. 822?–875, king of Italy 844–875; emperor of the Holy Roman Empire 855–875 (son of Lothair I).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- known as Louis the German. ?804–876 ad, king of Germany (843–76); son of Louis I
- 1845–86, king of Bavaria (1864–86): noted for his extravagant castles and his patronage of Wagner. Declared insane (1886), he drowned himself
- de Bourbon. See (Prince de) Condé