- infested with lice.
- mean or contemptible: That was a lousy thing to do.
- wretchedly bad; miserable: a lousy job; I feel lousy.
- lousy with, Slang. well supplied with or filled with, often to excess: Our city is lousy with bad drivers. I wish I were lousy with money like my boss.
Origin of lousy
Synonyms for lousySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for lousy withplentiful, great, big, large, diverse, various, heavy, generous, ample, sufficient, bountiful, copious, rich, productive, fertile, prolific, unlimited, full, teeming, cramped
- slang very mean or unpleasanta lousy thing to do
- slang inferior or badthis is a lousy film
- infested with lice
- (foll by with) slang
- provided with an excessive amount (of)he's lousy with money
- full of or teeming with
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Abundantly supplied, as in He's lousy with money. Like louse up, this expression alludes to being infested with lice. [First half of 1800s]
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.