- a benign tumor composed of dilated and newly formed lymph vessels.
Origin of lymphangioma
- a benign tumor consisting chiefly of dilated or newly formed blood vessels (hemangioma) or lymph vessels (lymphangioma).
Origin of angioma
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for lymphangioma
Angioma, lymphangioma, and neuroma are described with the disease of the individual tissues.Manual of Surgery
Alexis Thomson and Alexander Miles
- a tumour consisting of a mass of blood vessels (haemangioma) or a mass of lymphatic vessels (lymphangioma)
Word Origin and History for lymphangioma
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- A benign tumorlike mass of lymphatic vessels or channels that vary in size, are frequently greatly dilated, and are lined with normal endothelial cells.
- A tumor composed chiefly of lymphatic vessels or blood vessels.