- of, relating to, or resembling lymph.
- of or relating to the tissue (lymphoid tissue) that occurs especially in the lymph glands, thymus, tonsils, and spleen and produces lymphocytes.
Origin of lymphoid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- another name for lymphatic tissue
- of or resembling lymph, or relating to the lymphatic system
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- lymphatic tissue
- Of or relating to lymph or the lymphatic tissue where lymphocytes are formed.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.