- Doctor of Medicine.
Origin of MD1
From the New Latin word Medicīnae Doctor
- Maryland (approved especially for use with zip code).
- Middle Dutch.Also M.D.
- months after date.
- muscular dystrophy.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Doctor of Medicine
- Managing Director
- Medical Department
- mentally deficient
- (in Canada) municipal district
- Moldova (international car registration)
(sense 1) from Latin Medicinae Doctor
Word Origin and History for m.d.
1755, abbreviation of Latin Medicinæ Doctor "doctor of medicine."
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The symbol for the elementmendelevium
- Medicinae Doctor (Doctor of Medicine)
- muscular dystrophy
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The symbol for mendelevium.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.