- a city in and the capital of Saône-et-Loire, in E central France.
- a Burgundy wine, usually white and dry, from the area around Mâcon.
- a department in E France. 3331 sq. mi. (8625 sq. km). Capital: Mâcon.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a city in E central France, in the Saône valley: a centre of the wine-producing region of lower Burgundy. Pop: 34 469 (1999)
- a red or white wine from the Mâcon area, heavier than the other burgundies
- a city in the US, in central Georgia, on the Ocmulgee River. Pop: 95 267 (2003 est)
- a department of central France, in Burgundy region. Capital: Mâcon. Pop: 543 848 (2003 est). Area: 8627 sq km (3365 sq miles)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012