- Also called magnetic flux density. a vector quantity used as a measure of a magnetic field. Symbol: B
- magnetization induced by proximity to a magnetic field.
Compare electromagnetic induction.
Origin of magnetic induction
First recorded in 1850–55
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- another name for magnetic flux density
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The process by which a substance, such as iron, becomes magnetized by a magnetic field.
- See magnetic flux density.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.