- a state in Malaysia, on the SW Malay Peninsula: formerly a part of the British Straits Settlements and of the Federation of Malaya. 640 sq. mi. (1658 sq. km).
- a seaport in and the capital of this state.
- Strait of, a strait between Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula. 35–185 miles (56–298 km) wide.
Examples from the Web for malacca
Historical Examples of malacca
When he dropped into Fetzer's pool shack carrying a malacca cane, for example.Gigolo
The Thisbe had once more got free of the Straits of Malacca.Won from the Waves
He was to cross the Bay of Bengal and explore the coast of Malacca.
The fall of Malacca was one of vast importance to the Portuguese.
Passing through the Straits of Malacca, we returned to Macao.Ben Burton
W. H. G. Kingston
- the stem of the rattan palm
- a walking stick made from this stem
- a state of SW Peninsular Malaysia: rubber plantations. Capital: Malacca. Pop: 635 791 (2000). Area: 1683 sq km (650 sq miles)