- of, relating to, or used in or for mastication.
- Pharmacology. a medicinal substance to be chewed, as to promote the secretion of saliva.
Origin of masticatory
Examples from the Web for masticatory
Historical Examples of masticatory
We will divide these muscles into two categories: masticatory and cutaneous.Artistic Anatomy of Animals
It is used as a masticatory in combination with the areca nut and betel leaf, and also for tanning purposes.
Used for similar purposes to india-rubber, and in the United States chewed as a masticatory.
It is chiefly used as a masticatory, to strengthen and preserve the teeth, and perfume the breath.
It has also been used as a masticatory in toothache, paralysis of the tongue, &c. On the Continent it is used as a vesicant.
- of, relating to, or adapted to chewing
- obsolete a medicinal substance chewed to increase the secretion of saliva
- Of, relating to, or used in mastication.
- Adapted for chewing.
- A medicinal substance that is chewed to increase salivation.